A lot of people aim to lose weight. Whether they want to be more confident in their body or they want to improve their health. And most of them usually wonder how long it takes to lose weight.
Several factors make a difference to how long it may take someone to lose weight, and many of them are out of control.
What are the factors that affect weight loss
- Calorie deficit
- Medications and medical conditions
- Family history and genes
- Hormone messaging
- Psychological factors like motivation, self-esteem, or depression
- Yo-yo dieting
How much weight to lose each week?
The amount of weight to lose depends on the person, but the average is fixed at around 1-2lbs a week.
Your calorie intake affects your ability to lose weight.
Consuming too few calories would result in a lower metabolic rate, and it slows your weight loss. However, if you consume more calories, the calories will become a protective mechanism which leads to a “yo-yo effect”.
What should I do to ensure every week I lose weight?
There are three methods to ensure that you are losing weight every week.
Analyse your diet
Use Bohannon’s calculation to solve the number of calories you have to reduce fat effectively:
- To solve your total daily calories, multiply the weight of your body in lbs by 12. Make sure you keep a calorie deficit based upon the result. Then, compute your macronutrient split. It is the typical results motto— you need to use more than you put in. Therefore, there are macronutrients to contemplate, which are also important.
- To solve your protein, multiply the weight of your body in lbs by 1.2. Strive for 30-35g spread over four meals since an average woman needs between 120-140g of protein each day.
- To solve your fat, multiply the weight of your body in lbs by 0.6. Eating a section of fat with each meal can help regulate hormones and satiety.
- To solve your carbs‐-after you have deducted on the top, the calories left will be your carbs. Begin with a section of carbs per day around the size of your fist, then slowly increase to other meals as you reduce weight.
Enjoy your workout
According to a fitness consultant, resistance training is the best type of workout for women who want to reduce fat. It is essential to build lean muscle.
However, you have to be keen on your workout as well. You can do cardio exercises, group exercise lessons, swimming and walking, or even just dancing around your house.
To reduce weight, you have to keep things moving.
Take the time to unwind
In regards to following a program for weight loss, stress may be one of the lifestyle obstacles. Stress affects our motivations and mindset.
Try these tips to manage stress:
- Practice Yoga : Practising yoga doesn’t only lessen stress symptoms, and it also enhances your ability to cope with stress symptoms for a long time
- Give thought of taking supplements: There are several supplements taken every day that can help you lessen oxidative stress as well as anxiety levels.
- Participate in a workout group: Doing a group exercise can reduce the three kinds of stress symptoms more significant compared to individual exercises.
- Begin to walk more: Walking can help you be in nature, and it can reduce stress symptoms and even hearing the sound of nature helps as well.
- Get enough sleep: According to some Korean researchers, the duration of sleep and perceived stress are relatively connected.
How long does it take to see results?
The answer will not be the same for everyone, and it will vary on different factors.
However, one thing is for sure, your plan for weight loss should not be the same always.
Change it regularly, for instance, for some times you might want to feed little and frequently; then other times, do intermittent fasting.
If you have a lot of limitations, it won’t be easy to be motivated.
So, every week keep two relaxed meals when you are able to enjoy a meal with family and friends, with dessert or some wine— whatever you like. And always stay hydrated, drink plenty of water.